Beauty sleep is real, it's free, and it can start for you tonight.
5 Steps to Better Beauty Sleep
Try these tips for a more beautiful night's rest:
- Start a positive bedtime ritual. "Visualize beautiful, healthy skin as you fall asleep and your body will go in that direction," Day says.
- Get into a sleep habit. Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day. "That rhythm is good for your skin," Day says.
- Become a back sleeper. Stomach sleeping presses your face into the pillow, creating a meshwork of fine lines and creases when you wake up.
- Put a soft cover on your pillow. A pillowcase with a high thread count is kinder to your skin.
- Go white for your sheets. Dyes on your sheets and pillowcase can irritate sensitive skin.